Rink FAQs S+6
WHERE IS THE RINK?
The ice rink is located on Seaport Square, between Piers 16 & 17. Address is 89 South Street, New York, NY 10038.
DO YOU ACCEPT WALK-INS?
It is strongly recommended all guests reserve a rink ticket (with or without skate rental) ahead of your visit to assure quickest rink access. Walk-ins are welcome even if a skate session is sold out online. Our staff will do their best to get walk-ins on the ice at the next availability while adhering to rink guidelines.
What’s the difference between the online reservation options?
- Rink Admission + Skate Rental – includes access to rink and rented skates per guest.
- Rink Admission + Neighborhood Skate Rental – includes access to rink and discounted rented skates per guest. To redeem, one guest in party must show proof of residency within 10004, 10005, 10006, 10007, 10038, or 10280.
- Rink Admission Only – includes only rink access for guests who bring their own skates.
HOW LONG CAN I SKATE?
Skate time may be limited to 75 minutes from your ticket’s start time during times of high volume. Please note late entry is permitted but your total skate time may be reduced because of late arrival. Should you arrive late our staff will do their very best to get you on the ice as soon as availability allows.
CAN I BOOK A TICKET PAST JANUARY 16?
Currently dates are available to reserve through January 16, 2023. Reservations for January 17 through February 2023 will be released in December.
ARE PURCHASES REFUNDABLE?
No. All purchases are final sale and cannot be refunded, unless in the case of weather.
How can I receive the neighborhood discount price on skate rentals?
After reserving online the ‘Rink Admission with Neighborhood Skate Rental’ ticket(s), upon arrival at the skate house’s staffed desk your group’s leader must present a proof of residence with one of the following six local zip codes to redeem neighborhood pricing. Zip Codes: 10002, 10004, 10005, 10006, 10007, 10038, or 10280.
A photo ID, billing statement, or other document with one of above zip codes is acceptable. Neighborhood discount will be applied to all skate rentals in your attending group, so please reserve that ticket type accordingly for all.
Discount offer not redeemable during peak times, including holiday season and select weekends.
Is the rink wheelchair accessible?
The Ice Rink at the Seaport is an ADA-compliant space. Wheelchair guests are welcome to participate on the ice, and staff assistance is available if needed.
What is your policy for children?
Children aged 5 years old or younger must be accompanied on the ice by an adult skater.
We kindly ask that children 13 or younger must also be supervised by an adult, either off or on the ice are fine.
Can I get my owned skates sharpened at the rink?
No. Skate sharpening is not available for skates that were not rented at our skate house.
What if the weather is bad?
The Ice Rink is outdoors so please dress accordingly for rain, snow, or whatever the day’s forecast. Safety is always our top priority, so in the rare event the rink’s operations determines the need to close a date due to extreme unsafe weather conditions, you will be issued a refund if prior to arriving.
Should the rink need to close due to unsafe weather conditions, this update will be emailed directly to existing reservations for the correlating cancelled date. You can also monitor this sort of update on our website.
If your skate time is significantly interrupted due to rink closure, you will receive a voucher for another skate session.
Are there food or drinks available at the rink?
There is no kitchen located at the ice rink, but guests can walk to any of the several nearby delicious restaurants just few steps away at Pier 17. See all dining options, here.
Separately, water fountains are also available on the 4th Floor of Pier 17.
Are there bathrooms and baby diaper changing stations?
Ice rink guests may access restrooms at either of the below available locations during operating hours. Ice skates must be taken off feet and remain at ice rink premises while walking to restrooms.
- Closest Location: 4th Floor of Pier 17 – walk into atrium of Pier 17 and take escalators up to 4th floor for Men, Women, and Gender Neutral / Family bathroom options. All bathrooms contain baby diaper changing stations.
- Physically-challenged guests can use the elevators located near Pier 17’s West Entrance, across from Pier 17 box office.
- Second Location: Loco Coco – walk towards Pier 16 and under the FDR to find bathroom next to Loco Coco at 84 South Street.
Are strollers allowed?
Strollers are permitted at Seaport Square, however, they are not permitted within the skate house or ice rink. Strollers should be attended for at all times. The ice rink is not responsible for lost or stolen strollers.
What items are not allowed at the rink?
For safety reasons, guests will be refused entry if they are in possession of any prohibited items. If found on the promises with a prohibited item, the item will be confiscated, and the guest may be removed. The following items are not permitted:
- Alcohol, bottles, cans, glass, coolers, etc.
- Animals/pets (except licensed service animals)
- Balls of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Laser pens
- Noisemaking devices (whistles, air horns, etc.).
- Oversize bags or luggage
- Smoking devices
- Cameras (when on the ice)
- Any item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by management
Code of Conduct
Guidelines set forth to keep the ice rink a friendly and safe environment. The following is not allowed:
- Disruptive behavior
- Failure to follow instructions of personnel
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference of others skating
- Talking or texting on cell phone while on ice
- Intoxication or signs of impairment related to drugs or alcohol
- Verbal or physical harassment of any kind
Our staff reserves the right to eject or deny entry to any guests who execute the above behaviors that violate our code of conduct. We strive on making every guest’s experience be an enjoyable one.
What is the waiver?
Waiver must be signed by all people participating on-ice activities, or signed by their parent or guardian if underage. The waiver is signed online during the ticket booking process. Full waiver can also be found here.
Additionally, wristbands provided by the rink’s staff must be worn by everyone entering the ice, and must be clearly visible at all times.
If the information you are seeking is not already on our website, please contact our skate house at [email protected].
For group sales of 11 or more skaters and/or special occasions (birthday party), feel free to contact [email protected].
For ice rink press inquiries, please contact [email protected]